Looking to take your lawn to the next level, follow these simple steps and most importantly exercise plenty of patience :)
- WATER - Ensure your lawn is receiving 10mm of water twice a week on your watering days. This is the first and fundamental part as no matter what you do without water it will struggle.
- MOWING - Mow frequently and avoid cutting any more then 1/3 of the leaf at a time. This encourages horizontal grown and results in a dense healthy lawn. As a guide from September to April it should be mowed once a week and the remainder of the year once every 3 weeks.
- WEEDS - Weeds need to be kept at bay either by preferably manually pulling them out or spraying them in severe cases. Please note that spraying the lawn puts additional stress on the lawn. By removing the weeds, you are assisting the lawn as it is no longer having to compete with the weeds.
- AERATION/CORING - This process allows more air, water and nutrients to get down to the roots where it is needed by reducing soil compaction. To ensure your lawn does not suffer from issues arising from compactions it should be aerated once every 12 months.
- FEED - You should feed your lawn Spring and Autumn. Spring is where the lawn really starts to grow as the weather warms up and this is the time to really start the process to get it looking its best. A feed in Autumn is required to get the lawn ready for the cooler months through winter when growth slows as the lawn hibernates.