Welcome to winter!!! ☔☔☔
Winter can be a challenging time for your lawn, here are some tips to help it get through the cooler months
- Take care of weeds as soon as they appear, the sooner you treat them the less time they have to spread and seed.
- Turn your retic off, the rains coming through in winter will provide sufficient water for your lawn.
- Use liquid foliar fertiliser which is absorbed through the leaf, this will be more effective during winter than a granular fertiliser. If you must use granular then use a product specifically designed for winter such as Baileys 4.1.1.
- Mow your lawn higher than usual to give it the best chance of capturing the available sunlight.
- Trim bushes and trees in heavily shaded areas to help more sunlight get to the lawn. Similarly don't allow leaves to build up on the lawn preventing the sunlight from getting through. Rake these up as soon as possible or better still send the kids out there to do it for you 🙂
Thank you for supporting our small family business and have a great weekend!
🚚Fast delivery to your door or pop past our warehouse for pick ups and a chat!